Power and Energy Systems
Background and Objective
Power and Energy industry is a highly capital intensive business field. Furthermore there is a very close interlinkage between technologies and economics that requires engineers and economists to have a common understanding of project evaluation approaches and methodologies. The book’s overall objective is to transfer practical guidance and assistance to consultants, engineers, economists and students for a proper techno-economic evaluation of Power and Energy Systems’ projects.
The book provides a comprehensive but concise coverage of engineering economics required for techno-economic evaluation of investments in power and energy system projects. The book is neither a scientific paper nor literature research. Throughout the book, the emphasis is on transferring practical know-how rather than pure theoretical knowledge. This is also demonstrated in numerous examples derived from experience of respective projects.
Target audience of the book are primarily international consultants, staff members of engineering companies, utility personnel, energy economists and lawyers, as well as employees of government agencies entrusted with regulating the energy and utility sector and, finally, students in related fields of engineering and economics.
The book can be ordered as hard cover
at publishing house epubli, at bookshops or in internet shops
Title: Engineering Economics
Author: Panos Konstantin
Published April 2015, revised edition in June 2016
The book is also offered as ebook in PDF-format at www.XinXii.com
Comments and recommendations for improvements from readers are highly appreciated and will be thankfully considered in forthcoming editions of this book.
An extract of the book’s content is available here.
Example downloads: Examples from the book are indispensable to understand the content. Most of the examples are calculated with MS-Excel and are inserted as pictures into the text. The following downloads provide the possibility to reconstruct the calculations.
By click on the according chapter the reader can navigate through the single chapters:
- MS-Excel AddIn’s (BWSesc_ANesc_IntCon and FluidXL can be downloaded after registration only)
- Chapter 1 – Introduction and Instructions (Examples Ch. 1)
- Chapter 2 – Financial Maths (Examples Ch. 2)
- Chapter 3 – Inflation, Interest; Cost of Capital (Examples Ch. 3)
- Chapter 4 – Investment Appraisal Methods (Examples Ch. 4)
- Chapter 5 – Financial Economic Analysis (Examples Ch. 5)
- Chapter 6 – Cost Allocation (Examples Ch. 6)
- Chapter 7 – Uncertainties Analysis (Examples Ch. 7)
- Chapter 8 – Energy Markets (Examples Ch. 8)
- Chapter 9 – Case Studies (Examples Ch. 9)
Click here if you are already registered and signed in to access the available MS-Excel files.